Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Moving Tips for Moving Yourself

It's been a while... Don't worry, I know.

I've been gone since we moved! We went from a tiny two bedroom, one bath, no yard, only a patio, less than 600 square foot duplex to a three bedroom, two bath, a garage, backyard and about 1500 square foot house.

Can you tell how excited we are?

I just wanted to share a few tips that made this move our easiest one yet!

Tip 1:
As you pack your boxes label them with the gist of the boxes and what room you are planning to unpack it. This was my biggest help! I labeled the boxes that had our mugs, plates, basic kitchen stuff, the clothes we need for work, etc. I was abled to unpack the kitchen in a few hours (not counting the organizing time). Get my point?

Tip 2:
As you are packing your place, clean as you go! This was such a help since we had one day to move and one day to clean/return the keys. As I packed up a room I would dust the walls, clean the baseboards, the window seals, sweep and mop the floor. This was so incredibly helpful because once the house was completely empty it only needed one more good wipe down! Talk about a life saver!

Tip 3:
Take your time. This goes for pack and unpacking; at least take as much time as you can. I focused on the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and the living room, in that order. I started on the needed living spaces and worries about the less used spaces last.

I hope these tips can help someone else!

Until next time,
Kandi

No comments:

Post a Comment