Wednesday, May 4, 2016

18 Week Update + Nursery

Another week has flown by and here I am with another update!

Not too much had happened this week. At least nothing too noticeable.

Well, the only thing noticeable is that my baby bump is getting more round. For the past weeks my belly was pretty pointy as baby boy began to grow. I'm slowly starting to look pregnant and not like I "ate a big meal".

My chest is sore for the growing its been doing. My feet are starting to swell by the end of the day. I don't have too much energy but still managing pretty well. I like to eat a little ice cream before bed every night. I still prefer fresh fruit over anything. I've been searching for the most "comfortable" shoes. 

That's pretty much where I am at.

I still am under my original weight (152 lbs). I was 150 lbs at 17 weeks and still holding that. My doctor says there's nothing to worry so I'm not.

I can feel the difference in the changing ligaments in my body, mainly in my hips where I have my issues. I keep reading that your body goes through tons of changes in order to carry a baby and prepare for birth. These books aren't lying and the changes start happening quickly and earlier than I expected.


Now on to the nursery!

At the beginning of the year we moved to a bigger place. We are luck to have a three bedroom house with a backyard and a garage. Basically, we have a room for the our boy and all the baby stuff to come.

We have an extra dress that matches our bedroom set that is the perfect height for a changing table. I didn't want a typical changing table since I know we won't use it for that long. 

We found a crib and mattress as a set on our community yard sale site. Both were used only a handful of times and after some cleaning it was set up in the room.

We already have a pack n play with a bassinet setting, a diaper backpack, and some other nursery necessities. We have been incredibly lucky getting items lightly used for families willing to help.


This room doesn't have a light in the ceiling, strange I know, but we made it work with a simple tall lamp.

I'm lucky to have my great grandparents glider rocker with ottoman. It saved us a pretty penny and keeps their memory going. I do plan on making a slip cover for it, thanks to the help of my sister-in-law, to make cleaning easier. I know spit up is going to happen.

We have a nightstand I found for our last place that will be perfect for a nightlight late night drinks. 

The currently pillow is a placeholder. It's one I've had for years and I just haven't parted with it yet. I might make a slip cover for it, but I really haven't decided.

We do already have a Jeep walker! It will be some time before that is used!

Not pictured is the swing we got from a very generous family!


We have plenty other things and projects to come for this room! 

22 or so more weeks till our little boy will be here!

Until next time,
Kandi


No comments:

Post a Comment