Thursday, July 7, 2016

27 Week Update

It's the last week of my second trimester....

I have made it, well basically, two thirds of the way.

I only have 13 more weeks or 90 more days till my due date.



I'm still not getting much sleep. My doctor says it's normal, all hormones, and told me to get used to it. Friends and family say it's the worst part of pregnancy. I will go all day, maybe have a nap or rest, and then not be able to fall asleep till around 2 am.

I have kept with my normal bedtime routine but it's been no help. I've tried warm baths. I've really tried it all. I will try to fall asleep around 10pm with my husband. I end up just laying there and having every thought race through my head. I will be exhausted and ready for bed, then all the sudden by wide awake. So I just get out of bed and so something until I can fall asleep. I'll do laundry, paperwork, pick up the house, you get my drift.

I've also been having sweaty feet and clammy hands. Eww, I know. All I have to thank is hormones.

We have finished most of our shopping for Jack. I placed a big order on Target.com for some of the last things we need. I know I'm early, but I'm a planner and like things done early. I have been setting things up in the nursery, but I'm excited to get the final things in the room and start organizing the room. I love the initial organization of a room and cannot wait to have his room ready and waiting!

I have began swelling more. I notice my ankles and my feet are swollen by the end of the day. I try to stop a couple times during the day and put up my feet, but life doesn't always work that way. I've now noticed that my hand are starting to swell if the dangle too long. I end up holding my arms like a T-Rex, looking a little ridiculous, but it helps! I've found that not many of my shoes (I miss my Keds) fit or are comfortable too long. At least I can still wear flip flops!

Now, my biggest issue and something I've put off for a while, my left hip. I talked a little bit about it in my 17 week update but basically I have a bad hip. I've been told since I was 19 that I would need a c-section (that's still up in the air) and could have issues whenever I got pregnant. As a precaution when I got pregnant my doctor gave me Tylenol+Codeine to take as needed for my hip pain but it just gave me the dry heaves. My doctor then gave me an anti-nausea medicine to take with the Tylenol+Codeine but that made me feel horrible and I couldn't get off the couch. I was then given Tramadol around 20 weeks which I have been taking every night to help with the pain.

At my last appointment my doctor offered me stronger pain meds, which I declined because I would like to go as long as I can before adding too much medication into my system. But, when I got back for my next appointment in two weeks I will be asking for it. I am having more pain and it's to the point to where I get so uncomfortable that I just want to cry. I have a high pain tolerance so it takes quite a bit to make me get to this point. I have so much pressure between my legs, pressure onto my hip joint from Jack moving and growing, and horrible lower back pain. My hips have widened quite a bit and I still have more to go as my ligaments loosen to prepare for birth.

I'm hoping to make it as far as I can with being as active as I can during my last trimester of my pregnancy. My biggest fear has been bed rest because I would go stir crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment