Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Jack's Nursery Tour - Jeep Theme


It's finally time!!! I have never enjoyed decorating a room so much until now. Some things I went a little over the top with and somethings I kept basic.

When David and I first started talking about how we wanted to decorate this room, he instantly said "jeeps!" for boy or girl. Once we found out we were having a boy we ran with the idea! 

I did film a walk through and talked about the room, so I will link that below. So let's get into the photos!


His room is directly across the hall from us, so when you walk into it, this is what you see! 

Our crib is Graco that we found second hand basically brand-new! The letter signs we found at Hobby Lobby and I had to put those above his bed. Also above the crib we have a mini gallery wall full of Jeep pictures and some empty frames to put some maternity photos in. 

We had the small shelf from my college days between the crib and rocker. I put a piece of 12x12 tile on top to protect the pressboard so it doesn't fall apart too quickly. On top I have a clock, night light and second half of the monitor. Then we have a shelf of books, a shelf hold his manuals to baby gear, and on the bottom is my breast pump.


The glider rocker and dresser were my great grandparents and I'm lucky to have them passed down to us. The rocker is so comfy! I have blanket on the back that my mom made and pillow to add a pop of black and white to the room.

The "adventure awaits" sign was the first decor item we bought once we found out we were having a boy! Then we have a floor lamp since this room has no overhead lighting.


Right next to the door we have his changing station. I knew I didn't want a changing table, so we are using the dresser top (which is the perfect height for me). On top of the dresser I also have bottle of lotion, bottom spray, and hand sanitizer.

We are using another shelf I had from college to organize his diaper supplies. The top and first shelf are devoted the the minimal disposable diapers we will use. The other shelves are full of cloth diaper supplies that I will make another post about. 


Above his dresser is this shelf my husband made! It's a perfect some to have a few displayed and easy to change up over the years. Right now I have this monitor hidden behind his pirate sign, a ceramic Jeep, a light up "J" from his Auntie, and a picture of my Great Grandpa that he is named after.

The shelf has hooks along the bottom that will be perfect from toys and jackets as he gets older.



On the opposite wall we have a big window that gives lots of natural light. We just added black out curtains from his other Aunite to help keep the room cool since it gets the afternoon sun.

His stroller is hanging out in the room instead of the garage so it stays a little cleaner. His car seat is getting ready to be installed within the next few weeks. We are working on packing up the diaper bag and hospital bag as we gather supplies and suggestions. 

His toy organizer I found on Craigslist and it was exactly what I wanted. I love that the colors are muted and not overly in your face. It's perfect to use as he grows. And I love that each basket pulls out. 


In this house we were blessed with big closets and full length mirrors on he doors. We have decided to use half of the closet for Jack and the other half for storage for the older age items we have and a few extra things. 

Above the closet is a banner my best friend and I made for the baby shower. I know he has his name around the room a few times, but I couldn't help myself.

Behind the door we have a few Nightmare Before Christmas prints. These have been in every place we've lived and do have a little meaning to his name. Plus they bring in a little more black and white.


Here's a little close up of the area we are using. 

His clothes are organized from newborn to 12 months with dividers. We have a cube organizer that holds blankets, burp cloths, his carrier, shopping cart cover, pump supplies and more.

The hanging shoe organizer holds extra sheets for the crib and pack n play, covers for the boppy, bibs, and cloth diaper supplies for when he's bigger. 


Lastly, his rug! This was gift from my parents and it just completes the room! It is supper plush and so comfy. I believe they found it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

It works so perfect with his Jeep themed room and also help cover our lighter carpet.

****

So there you have it, that's his nursery. If you would like to see a walk through and not just pictures you can click on the video below!


Thank you all for checking out his room!

Until next time,
Kandi





No comments:

Post a Comment