Thursday, June 16, 2016

24 Week Update!

I think it's finally happened. My belly is finally looking like it has popped out! I still carry him low, or at least it seems low to me, he's finally being noticeable!

Now that we are 24 weeks, we have about 16 weeks or 112 days till our son makes his way into the world.


My biggest issue continues to be the lack of sleep I get. I had perfected my schedule to get around 9 hours of sleep a night before getting pregnant. I'm lucky to get 7 hours now. And let me tell you, I'm feeling it! After about a week or more of no sleep, I can finally pass out hard from exhaustion. I try everything to have a good bedtime routine, but between nighttime heart burn and baby dance classes, I just can't fall asleep until midnight to 1am-ish. I'm up around 7am to keep with my daily schedule. There are days I could sleep in but when I do, I feel like I've wasted so much time.

When I do get to sleep, I'm so hot! Like sweating and gross. I know it's the hormone changes, but I've never had this issue in my life. I love, love the feeling of heavy blankets. But between the heat I put off, the obstacle of pillows, and the amount I move around, the favorite blankets don't cut it any more. We currently use a top sheet and (one of my all time favorite) thin handmade blanket.

My second sleep issue: if I nap, I have a super hard time falling asleep at night. I've never been a napper. I've always been better at pushing through my day and passing out early. When I nap, I wake up groggy and take forever to fully wake up. This happens to me if I take a cat-nap or one of those coma-naps. And I keep napping more! It's such a vicious circle!

Now, my boobs. I still don't know how so many friends have neglected to pass the information about how much your chest can change during pregnancy. Mine are currently itchy and hurt all the time. I have completely grown out of pre-baby bras. I have bought some nursing bras (to save money since I plan on using them post-birth) and some sleep type bras. I have fallen in love with how comfortable the nursing bras are! I almost never want to go back to an underwire bra! Granted, they aren't that pretty or sexy but they are practical and still offer support. I have searched around for affordable bras to save some money. So far Burlington Coat Factory has been the best for selection and price!

What's comfy and whats not? The dress I'm wearing in the photos from the week is from Target's Maternity section. I have it in three different prints and would live in them all the time if I could. I have found that my jean material pants and capris are getting more and more uncomfortable as time goes on. I have invested in some thin capri leggings (that might not be actual pants but I've using them as some) and they are amazing. I do notice as time goes on, I get more uncomfortable in my skin so whatever I can get to make these next 16 weeks go by faster, well I buy it!

I have wide hips (thanks to my Mom) but I can tell they are widening more! I started my pregnancy journey wearing small/medium underwear and I'm now wearing large/extra large ones. I haven't gained much weight yet, just the normal pregnancy weight. I can still pull my pre-pregnancy jean up my thighs but they don't fit around my hips. I had read that ligaments loosen and things move around to carry the baby and to prepare for labor, but I didn't realize it would be such a change so fast!

Speaking of weight gain, I'm now at 160. I started at 152 at 9 weeks and was 146 at 13 weeks. I'm not sure if I've gained 8 or 14 pounds, but not much yet. My doctor was a little worried at first with my weight loss from nausea, but says I'm doing good now so not to worry. She would like me to gain around 25 pounds. I found this helpful to explain pregnancy weight gain.

I have fallen in love with baby moccasins. I have found so many small business that make their own little shoes and have to stop myself from buying all the pairs! I'm waiting to see how big little man's feet are when he's born before buying any. I know they aren't practical as a tiny baby, but during the winter I would like something for his feet besides just socks. I like that moccasins are soft and have give unlike so many baby shoes that have hard soles.



Ok, diaper bags... How many are acceptable? My in-laws got us the Jeep backpack diaper bag when we first told them we were pregnant. Without much research it seemed practical. Now that I've been researching baby things in general, I haven't figured out if we have the best diaper bag for us. David is fine with whatever, but likes the idea of a backpack one to be hands free. But my issue is that I have found this other diaper bag at Burlington Coat Factory that is a cross body style. My girl friends have suggested I get it, so that if I want I can swap out between the two. I'm really debating about getting it, but we shall see how much self control I have.

We don't have cable so my main "tv" type of entertainment is YouTube. For the longest time I loved watching beauty videos and planner videos, I've not switched to "mommy" videos. I've been watching tons of "what to take to hospital" and "whats in your diaper bag" videos. I have also watched all of Aaryn William's videos leading up to her delivery. I love being able to watch what other pregnant ladies are going through or what they suggest through their pregnancy.



Until next time,
Kandi

No comments:

Post a Comment